Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 17


Well, my shoulders, arms and upper part of my thighs were quite reddish & hurt a bit, so there was a need for a lot of olive body butter on them (and around)... ;-) Although, I got dressed, made a coffee for Berry who's renovating, and took a bottle of sage tea and a bottle of apple juice (one bottle too many) with me to Marché du Midi. Fruits & veggies shopping spree! Yap, also a bit more as my baby is coming home for few days! Countdown: 3 days!!!

I was walking to Midi, bathing in full sunshine & warmth of the morning - it took me 40 minutes of a steady walk to get there. Not bad. And as there wasn't so much traffic as during weekdays & Saturdays, it was definitely more fun as the straight way I took is really picturesque... including tourists. Two small dark green water melons, three huge pineapples, bunch of mangoes, bunch of avocados, few bouquets of mint, more than two kilos of deliciously smelling tomatoes, quite a bag of long green peppers (Berry likes baked ones), bit more than 200 g of young salad greens mix, two really small grilled chickens, and bouquet of eight peonies (simple ones, pink).

Soon after noon it started raining, so I headed home... walking... but I gave up at the second metro station, and took a tram home. I came home soaking wet... Welcome to Brussels! From sun to clouds and drizzle back to some sun and than, raining again... all within few hours... ;-) I spent the rest of the Sunday cooking for Berry & doing chores. And we were wrapping it up with about a half an hour of The Crossing Guard (1995), fifteen minutes of Sideways (2004), and the whole Curse of the Golden Flower (2006).

• Humor: Good • Feeling: Fine • Hungry: No (well, a bit in the morning)
• Herbal teas (7 cups): Kidney tea, sage tea, cranesbill tea, Angelica tea, calcium tea, marigold tea, pimpernel tea (leaves found, roots not yet)
• Fruit juices: Orange & grapefruit juice (200 ml), apple juice (300 ml)
 
Veggie juice: Tomatoes, pepper, watercress, celery stalk & leaves, a bit of parsley & garlic, and tinny bit of olive oil (300 ml)
• Walking: Almost 3 hours • Special treat: Five really cool pieces of clothing for eighteen euros... ;-)
• Morning (at 9:20): 21° C • Max. daytime temperature: 25° C • Weather: Sunny; fair; cloudy; rainy; cloudy, fair...

No comments:

Post a Comment