Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 8


That's cool! Opening my eyes around 6:30, observing foggy sunshine light that soon became almost pure sunshine... it wasn't difficult to get up before 7. Hmmm, I felt slightly dizzy and hungry. 

Ugh, finally! Several months ago, I realized that it's been a looooong time since I wasn't olive oil pulling any longer, and it wouldn't be bad to restart with this cheap detoxification rite again. Since then, it was for the third morning today... Basically, before taking a shower, I sip a big gulp of olive oil and I'm swishing it around my mouth during the whole showering session...When I spit it out, I can only barely imagine the quantity of impurities that went out of my body... Yes!!!

Later, I was walking to the lab... with a bottle of liquid (12h urine sample ;-)... which I left in a lab... as well as I left there precisely 52 ml (8 tubes!) of my precious blood... ;-) If I remember correctly, my blood was never so thoroughly checked as it will be this time. We'll see the results (loads of stuff, including eventual intolerance of 180 foodstuffs & borrelia)... general parameters soon, the rest in approximately three weeks. Walking back was slow, cool, sunny...

Today's biggest mistake? Joining my friend at macrobiotic resto Den Teepot AND ordering their daily vegetable soup (most probably I managed to swallow it without particles as I took all necessary equipment with me) - not worth the fuss, you're not sure what you're really eating, and you might get hungrier when observing so many people eating... Well, I won't repeat it while on fasting cure! 

I think I haven't shared that yet, but I'm cooking meals for Berry since Monday (4th day of cure). I have almost no problems with that - not with the smells nor with all the rest. The only thing is that I need to really keep reminding me not to try the food I make or lick a spoon or something similar (usual body gestures ;-). Well, the only thing which bothers me a bit is a cigarette smoke (he doesn't smoke at home any longer although he could, at least in the kitchen), and I heavily appreciate the fact that he's not making popcorn when we watch movies... Ugh, that would be extremely hard-hitting on me! Thanks a zillion, Precious!

Today's worst idea? Baking my delicious cheese cake, this time with strawberries!!! I wasn't hungry, I'm basically still not, but the smell of a freshly backed cake in the apartment is killing me... I have a lust for it & something sweet & something to chew on! Berry, better really appreciate it... ;-)

Day closure? With few minutes of "Le scaphandre et le papillon" (2007) - it's a fact - I can't watch that kind of movies any longer ("Mar adentro" was completely enough); followed with 35 minutes of "Blood and Oil" (2010) - interesting TV movie (and too depressing for me) but really more for Jaap who's supposedly going to work in Nigeria & around one oil hole soon; long phone up-date with Mateja... and "The Prestige" (2006) which I've seen already, but as it's a good one, I made Berry company until my eyelids started to give up... ;-) So, reading in bed at 23h, and soon, even before Berry joined me after less than half an hour, I was already asleep...

• Humor: Good • Feeling: Weak • Hungry: Yes and no; well, not really
• Tepid water as a day starter: 750 ml Olive oil pulling: 10 minutes
• Herbal teas (5 cups): Kidney tea, sage tea, cranesbill tea, calcium tea, marigold tea
• Watermelon juice (450 ml), red beet, carrots & black radish juice (250 ml), watered pear juice (similar mess as with strawberries; 200 ml)
• Consumed: Vegetable soup in a macrobiotic resto (less than 200 ml)
• Walking to appointments & back: Less than two hours • Breathing exercises: Few • Special treat: Hairdresser & curly head... (yap, still blond ;-)
• Morning: 9-10° C • Max. daytime temperature: 17° C • Weather: Sunny, partly cloudy, sunny, cloudy, etc. = Brussels way

PS: Ugh, sorry dearest, although I thought that your cigarette's smoke from the kitchen 
wouldn't bother me, I was wrong. Thanks for your understanding & for not smoking at home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment