Friday, July 2, 2010

A Day After


I'm really proud of myself to make it through 42 days (6 weeks) of drinking only herbal teas (mostly not tasting really good), and completely filtered, clear, fresh, home made fruit & veggie juices! My health issue and numerous Breuss Cancer Cure success stories were the reason I went on a fast. I didn't really manage breussing, I pretty soon switched to juice fasting instead, but I kept drinking (
almost until the end of my cure) all herbal teas that Breuss recommended (five teas for all cases & two for thyroid issues).

I haven't been drinking coffee since the first day of my juice fasting cure = 43 days; and I don't miss it. I quit smoking cigarettes during the first day of my cure = 42 days tobacco free; and I don't miss them. Berry is not smoking at home since early beginning of my cure, which is a great byproduct (we both were smoking at home the most, especially during evenings & in front of PCs), and he has no tobacco for some days now... And since yesterday, my old savings account is heavier for 192,70 € which equals 41 packs of Marlboro Light purchased in Belgium (at the end of June).

Yap, I became lighter (not only concerning my weight) and skinnier; my sense of smell and taste increased; I feel mentally clearer; my mood improved (if we don't take into account some mood crisis moments towards the end of the cure)... but my face definitely looks older now. Lost weight resulted in wrinkles with less "base", therefore they became more obvious, deeper. Well, I was laughing a lot in my life, n'est pas, and I have some wrinkles to prove that for sure!

I had a delicious orange juice for break-fast (served by Berry; first non-filtered one after 42 days!), an awesome melon juice for my morning snack, and as dreaming for few days, I had a delicious smoothie for my first non-liquid meal: fresh mango & raspberries! When I got 400 ml of this smoothie, it was obvious that the quantity was way to large for my first lunch, therefore I split it, and had another half later in the afternoon.

Well, I was quite worried about what & how much to eat after fasting, but I feel that my body will continue to be really talkative regarding that as well, so I'll loosen up... ;-) Ugh, I just don't know when to have that popcorn I was so stubbornly dreaming about & strongly smelling in my head each time we were watching movies... ;-))

Hmmm... since this morning, I have again that interesting sensation it's so difficult to describe. Briefly, something is happening in my neck, in the lower part of thyroid area, on the right side where the nodule was. It's the same kind of sensation as the one I had a while ago, for more than a week in the middle of June. No, it doesn't hurt, far from that, it feels like a sort of a permanent scratching, a kind of permanent pressure of something on something. We'll see & know more soon.

Later, I was doing sushi for our dinner - finely mixed raw veggies instead of rice (kohlrabi, carrots, sesame & sunflower seeds), tomato sauce with fresh parsley, basil & spices, and fair slices of salmon or cod in the middle. Delicious & strange at the same time. And then, another dream of mine! For the whole week, I had a terrible lust for avocados but one can't juice them, so I needed to wait... Therefore, I've made Avocado gazpacho today! A bit milder as normally, to spare my digestion system, but it was just heavenly! Bottom line, during the whole evening, I drank carrot juice, ate three sushis and two small portions of gazpacho. All is fine but I do think it might have been a bit too early for me to eat raw fish, despite such a little quantity. D'accord, I fed two of my three "pending hungers" but I'll continue "softer" on my body.

• Non-filtered fruit juices: Orange & grapefruit juice (310 ml), Charentais melon juice (200 ml, together with foam)
• Non-filtered veggie juice: Carrot juice (400 ml)
• My first day food: Smoothie of a ripe mango & two handfuls of frozen raspberries (2x 200 ml), 3 small sushies & avocado gazpacho (2x 200 ml)
• Special treat: Berry moisturized my entire body... and was almost late for dentist at 8:30 ;-)
• Max. daytime temperature: 33° C • Weather: Sunny, HOT, fair, sunny, humid...

No comments:

Post a Comment